Manchester United and Chelsea are both involved in a battle for a top four finish in the closing stages of this season and thus, a spot in next year’s Champions League. With just three games remaining, Spurs occupy 3rd spot with a six point gap separating them from the Red Devils in sixth and the Blues are currently sitting in the fourth and final qualification spot on 67 points, one more than Arsenal and three more than United, channel 1 BT SPORT.
Chelsea’s first season under Maurizio Sarri has had some real peaks and troughs.Maurizio Sarri insists Chelsea can close the gap on the top of the Premier League table over the next two years.Sarri, who signed a three-year contract when appointed head coach last summer, has endured a mixed first season at Stamford Bridge.
- Bayern Munich 2-0 Barcelona – All Goals and Highlights
- Leroy Sane showcases blistering pace before doubling Bayern’s lead vs Barcelona
- Lucas Hernandez gifts Bayern Munich Champions League lead vs Barcelona
- Jota and Salah combine to give Liverpool lead vs Ajax
- Manchester United target scores impressive goal vs Liverpool
Watch Stream Man United vs Chelsea – Video / more Links
Manchester United possible starting lineup:
De Gea; Young, Smalling, Lindelof, Shaw; Herrera, Matic, Pogba; Lingard; Rashford, Lukaku
Chelsea possible starting lineup:
Kepa; Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Luiz, Emerson; Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic; Pedro, Higuain, Hazard
Manchester United vs Chelsea Head-to-head (h2h)
- The last six wins can be split into three each for either team.
- United scored two or more goals in three of the last four games.
- Since 2005, Chelsea has won just twice at this famed venue.
- The reverse fixture of this tie ended in a 2-2 draw.
Manchester United vs Chelsea Key Statistics
- Manchester United have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 10 matches (all competitions).
- Manchester United are unbeaten in 3 of their last 4 matches against Chelsea (all competitions).
- Chelsea have failed to keep a clean sheet in 5 of their last 7 matches (Premier League).
- Chelsea are unbeaten in 4 of their last 5 matches (Premier League).
Chelsea FC Form & Team News
Chelsea also failed to win their last Premier League fixture as they were held to a 2-2 draw at home by Burnley. N’golo Kante and Gonzalo Higuain were both on target for the Blues, who struggled to keep out the energetic Clarets.Maurizio Sarri’s men have also looked off colour lately as they continue to stumble in their pursuit of a top four finish. They are winless in four of their last seven Premier league matches and have failed to keep a clean sheet five times in that run. A win at Old Trafford is priced at odds of 2.70.
Chelsea Higuain is expected to continue in attack following his goal against Burnley last time out. He could be joined by Eden Hazard who has three goals in his last five Premier League matches while Pedro could also be handed a start having scored in his last two matches.
Manchester United FC Form & Team News
Manchester United’s slump continued on Wednesday as they suffered a 2-0 defeat at home to champions Manchester City. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s men could only muster two shots on target as they fell to the superior quality of the Citizens.
The Red Devils are still in contention for a top four finish but have been poor lately with seven defeats in their last nine matches across all competitions. They have also struggled defensively with no clean sheets in their last 10 matches.
Romelu Lukaku and Anthony Martial both started on the bench against Manchester City and could return to the starting lineup on Sunday. United are unbeaten in seven of their last eight Premier League matches and are priced at 2.70 to beat the Blues.