Manchester City travel to Burnley on Tuesday night looking to keep their ailing title hopes alive following another setback on Saturday.
The title is slowly slipping out of the grasp of the Citizens. After 14 match-days, they are 11 points behind the determined Reds, and if something is not done soon, Pep Guardiola can kiss goodbye his dreams of delivering the three-peat.
Watch Live Stream Burnley vs Manchester City – more Links/Mobile
A 2-2 draw with Newcastle United leaves Pep Guardiola’s side 11 points behind runaway leaders Liverpool after only 14 games, and another slip-up in midweek could be the final nail in their title defence.
Burnley: Pope; Bardsley, Tarkowski, Mee, Pieters; Hendrick, Westwood, Cork, McNeil; Wood, Barnes
Man City: Ederson; Cancelo, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Mendy; De Bruyne, Rodri, D Silva; Bernardo, Jesus, Sterling
Burnley vs Manchester City Head-to-head (h2h)
- City are on a three-game winning run against this opponent.
- Burnley failed to score a single goal in these three matches.
- In the last two decades, only once have Burnley won against this opposition.
- Disregarding a single draw, and loss, the visitors have a 100% winning record at this venue in the previous two decades.
- The Citizens scored five or more goals in two of the former three encounters.