Manchester City made no mistake in picking up the win in the reverse fixture of this matchup. And now, with home advantage also at hand, Everton are about to bite off more than what they can chew this Wednesday.
Everton will be looking to continue their 100% start under Carlo Ancelotti when they travel to the champions Manchester City on New Year’s Day.
Watch Live Stream Manchester City vs Everton – Links/Mobile
The Toffees have beaten Burnley and Newcastle United in their two matches since Ancelotti took control, while City will enter the clash off the back of a 2-0 win over Sheffield United.
Manchester City: Ederson; Cancelo, Garcia, Fernandinho, Zinchenko; De Bruyne, Gundogan, Rodri; Bernardo, Aguero, Sterling
Everton: Pickford; Coleman, Mina, Holgate; Sidibe, Sigurdsson, Davies, Delph, Digne; Calvert-Lewin, Richarlison
Manchester City vs Everton Head to head (h2h)
- Their last clash witnessed Manchester City record a thumping 3-1 win.
- Only two of their previous five meetings have featured fewer than 2.5 goals on the final scorecards.
- Both teams have found the back of the net together in all but one of their past five fixtures.
- A stalemate has occurred just once in their previous ten games.
- Everton have registered the win in two of their last fifteen encounters. (W-2, D-4, L-9)
Manchester City vs Everton Prediction
Manchester City bounced back from their dismal 3-2 lose to Wolves on the road, by pulling off a comfortable 2-0 win over Sheffield at the Etihad. The hosts were just too hot to handle in that latter clash and finished the ninety minutes with eight shots on target. Impressively, they also thwarted their foes from troubling Claudio Bravo even once.
With forty-one points to their name, the home side are now just a point shy of overtaking second-placed Leicester.
Meanwhile, Carlo Ancelotti is back in the Premier League with a bang. The Toffees have been tasting nothing but success since his arrival, and are currently sporting a two-match winning streak under their belt.