Newcastle had taken on Wolves the last match-day, and in spite of racing to a 0-1 lead by the 7th minute, they had to settle for a 1-1 draw.
Chelsea look to be putting an inconsistent spell behind them and are backed to cement their Premier League top-four position by winning at Newcastle.
Watch Live Stream Newcastle United vs Chelsea – more Links/Mobile
The Blues experienced a strange December as they alternated between victories and defeats, but since the turn of 2020 there have been signs of them becoming more reliable.
Newcastle United vs Chelsea Match Info
Date: Saturday January 18 2019
Kick-off time: 6.30pm EU
Venue: St James’ Park
Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Newcastle United vs Chelsea Head-To-Head Record
Last 3 matches (all Premier League games)
- October 19 2019: Chelsea 1-0 Newcastle United
- January 12 2019: Chelsea 2-1 Newcastle United
- August 26 2018: Newcastle United 1-2 Chelsea
Total head-to-head league matches played: 147
- Newcastle wins: 49
- Chelsea wins: 61
- Draws: 37
Newcastle United vs Chelsea Head-to-head (h2h)
- Chelsea are on a three-match winning run against this opponent.
- Six of the former seven wins had also gone to the Blues.
- Five of the previous eight games had goals from both teams.
- Chelsea conceded two or more goals in five of their last six visits to this stadium.