RB Leipzig vs Liverpool predictions for Tuesday’s Champions League tie in Budapest. Liverpool hope to end their losing streak when they return to Champions League action against RB Leipzig.
The first ever competitive meeting between the two sides will be held at the neutral venue due to coronavirus restrictions, and Liverpool will be looking to take advantage of Leipzig’s lack of a home fixture in the two-legged tie.
? Watch Live Stream RB Leipzig vs Liverpool – Champions League
The Reds are going through one of the worst phases in the past three seasons. They have been worryingly inconsistent lately, and gaffer Jurgen Klopp has officially conceded that their EPL title defense is over.
RB Leipzig: Gulacsi; Mukiele, Upamecano, Klostermann; Adams, Sabiter, Kampl, Olmo, Angelino; Poulsen, Nkunku
Liverpool: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Kabak, Henderson, Robertson; Thiago, Wijnaldum, Jones; Salah, Firmino, Mane
RB Leipzig vs Liverpool
UEFA Champions League
Date: Tuesday, 16 February 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Puskás Aréna.
RB Leipzig vs Liverpool Head-to-head (h2h)
- RB Leipzig have won their last four competitive matches.
- Liverpool have lost five of their last eight games in all competitions.
- These two teams have never fought against each other. However, the Red Bulls have a 100% winning record against EPL clubs, barring a single loss at the Old Trafford against Manchester United.
- Liverpool have only failed to score in one of their last six matches.
- The latest clash was against Bayern in the Round of 16 of the 2019-20 edition, and then they recorded a 3-1 aggregate win.
RB Leipzig vs Liverpool Prediction
Liverpool will be hoping to take advantage of the first leg of this Champions League tie being played on neutral territory, but their recent collapse suggests they could be in for a difficult time against a RB Leipzig side in excellent shape.
The German outfit have been denied home advantage and the neutral venue should give Liverpool a slight advantage over the tie as a whole, but the form book firmly points at a Leipzig victory in this match.
Injury problems continue to torment Klopp and, after losing five of their last seven matches in all competitions, backing the in form Leipzig to take a first leg lead looks sensational value.