Southampton vs Chelsea predictions for Saturday’s Premier League contest at St. Mary’s Stadium. Can the Saints halt their run of defeats against a rejuvenated Chelsea?
Chelsea will be looking to make it six straight wins in all competitions when they continue their Premier League campaign away to Southampton on Saturday afternoon.
? Watch Live Stream Southampton vs Chelsea – Premier League
The Blues are on a quest to make amends for their time under Frank Lampard, which saw them drop valuable points. Since the arrival of Thomas Tuchel, the team has gelled more together, and some of the alleged flop signings have started to perform.
Southampton: McCarthy; Stephens, Bednarek, Vestergaard, Bertrand; Armstrong, Romeu, Ward-Prowse, Minamino; Adams, Ings
Chelsea: Mendy; Azpilicueta, Christensen, Rudiger; Hudson-Odoi, Jorginho, Kovacic, Alonso; Mount, Giroud, Werner
Southampton vs Chelsea
England – Premier League
Date: Saturday, 20 February 2021
Kick-off at 12:30 UK/ 13:30 CET
Venue: St. Mary’s Stadium.
Southampton vs Chelsea: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Chelsea have won each of their last four Premier League assignments.
- Southampton have lost each of their last six Premier League games.
- The Blues had recorded eight of the past nine overall wins.
- Chelsea have scored exactly two goals in three of their last four league matches.
- The visitors had scored a total of 27 goals from the former ten clashes.
- The latest encounter at this stadium had ended in a 1-4 win for the guests.
Southampton vs Chelsea Prediction
Chelsea are enjoying a new manager bounce under Thomas Tuchel, and the Blues shot into the top four thanks to a routine 2-0 win over Newcastle last time out.
Going on, the Saints had lost five of the preceding six overall fixtures, and they had let in a total of 18 goals in the process.