Ajax vs Roma predictions, Live Stream ahead of this Europa League encounter. Can the Serie A side claim a win in Amsterdam?
Dutch champions Ajax meet Serie A side Roma in the first leg of their Europa League quarter-final on Thursday, pitting together two of the grander names in continental football.
⚽️ Watch Live Stream Ajax vs Roma – Europa League
Ajax and Roma are set to battle it out in one of the most exciting UEFA Europa League quarter-finals. The first leg is scheduled for this Thursday and will be played at Johan Cruijff Arena. De Godenzonen have been almost impeccable there throughout the entire season.
Ajax: Scherpen; Tagliafico, Alvarez, Martinez, Timber; Gravenberch, Klaassen, Rensch; Antony, Tadic, Neres
Roma: Lopez; Mancini, Cristante, Ibanez; Peres, Veretout, Villar, Spinazzola; Pellegrini, Pedro; Dzeko
Ajax vs Roma
UEFA Europa League
Date: Thursday, 8 April 2021
Kick-Off at 20.00 UK
Venue: Johan Cruijff Arena, Amsterdam.
Ajax vs Roma Head-to-head
- AS Roma have failed to win any of their away meetings with Serie A’s top 10
- This will be the first meeting between the two outfits since the 2002/03 UEFA Champions League campaign.
- The visitors have conceded twice in three of their last four
- Ajax have won 18 of their last 19 matches
- Back then, the two teams were drawn to the same group. Ajax won the home fixture 2-1, while they held the Romans to a 1-1 draw in the reverse tie in Italian capital.
Ajax vs Roma Prediction
The final representatives of their respective nations in Europe this season are both committed to attacking principles and could potentially serve up a feast of football during the next week.
Fonseca faces massive issues with the lack of meticulousness in his team’s defensive line ahead of the trip to Amsterdam. La Lupa conceded two goals in each of the last three league games, although they have played the likes of Parma, Napoli, and Sassuolo along the way.
Roma’s deficiencies at the back have not been helped by a rotating cast of defenders visiting the physio’s table, so they will find it tough to resist free-scoring Ajax – particularly away from their Stadio Olimpico stronghold.