Chelsea vs Lille predictions, live streaming free for Tuesday’s Champions League action. Can the Blues claim a first-leg lead against the French champions.
Chelsea resume the defence of their Champions League crown when Lille pay a visit to Stamford Bridge for the first leg of their last-16 battle on Tuesday night.
? Watch Live Stream Chelsea vs Lille – Champions League
They are also on a superb streak of performances, and are scoring goals in plenty. And importantly, they have been a problem for visiting teams at the Stamford Bridge all through 2021-22.
Chelsea: Mendy; Christensen, Silva, Rudiger; Azpilicueta, Jorginho, Kovacic, Alonso; Ziyech, Havertz; Werner
Lille: Jardim; Celik, Fonte, Botman, Gudmundsson; Weah, Andre, Sanches, Bamba; David, Yilmaz
Chelsea vs Lille
UEFA Champions League
Date: Tuesday, 22 February 2022
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea vs Lille Head-to-head (h2h)
- Chelsea’s last eight games have all featured fewer than three goals.
- Tuchel’s men have a 100% winning record against this foe.
- Lille are the lowest scoring group winners in this competition in the last five seasons.
- The Blues saw under 2.5 goals in all seven of their Champions League knockout games last term.
- They have scored two or more goals in all of these encounters.
- Since 2004, barring PSG, they have lost just once against a Ligue 1 team.
- Meanwhile, Lille were winless in nine of their past twelve overall fixtures against other EPL squads.
Chelsea vs Lille Prediction & Analysis
Chelsea returned to Premier League action with a win on Saturday, but they struck late to beat Crystal Palace. It hasn’t been a great month for the Blues, despite the fact they’ve come out on top in each of their games this month.
Thomas Tuchel’s men are on a four-fixture winning streak. And at home, barring five draws and a loss, they have a 100% winning record since April of 2021. Note that they had also scored two or more goals in their last six home matches.