England vs Iran predictions, live streaming free ahead of this World Cup clash on Monday afternoon. Can Gareth Southgate’s Three Lions kick off their World Cup campaign with a win?
England’s latest quest for major tournament glory begins with their World Cup 2022 opener against Iran in Group B at the Khalifa International Stadium on Monday afternoon.
📺 Watch Live Stream England vs Iran – World Cup 2022
England is expected to bag a comfortable win when they square off against Iran in the opening Group B game at the World Cup 2022 in Qatar.
England: Pickford; Trippier, Stones, Maguire, Shaw; Rice, Bellingham; Saka, Mount, Sterling; Kane
Iran: Beiranvand; Moharrami, Pouraliganji, Hosseini, Mohammedi; Nourollahi, Ezatolahi, Hajsafi; Jahanbakhsh, Taremi, Amiri
England vs Iran
World Cup 2022 – Group B
Date: Monday, 21 November 2022
Kick-off at 14:00 UK/ 15:00 CET
Venue: Khalifa International Stadium (Doha).
England vs Iran Predictions
- England conceded just two goals in normal time in their seven Euro 2020 fixtures.
- The Three Lions are unbeaten in six of their last 7 opening games at World Cup
- Iran managed just 2 wins from their 15 overall fixtures in the competition and yet to progress beyond the group stage.
- England won to nil in seven of their World Cup qualifiers.
- Iran have scored just three goals in their last two World Cup appearances.
England vs Iran Prediction
England are known to make slow starts in major tournaments, but they are unbeaten in six of the last 7 World Cup openers. Again, only three of them are wins on narrow margins.
We are expecting a change of trend this time with the majority of the players in Southgate’s setup coming on the back of solid seasons with their respective clubs. Furthermore, they have a point to prove following a disastrous Nations League campaign in September.
England will be hoping the form book goes out of the window as they open their World Cup campaign in Doha on Monday afternoon but Gareth Southgate’s men should have enough about them to see off Iran fairly comfortably.