Argentina should consider themselves lucky to have crawled through to the knockouts, after going winless in their first two games.
Later, though they did try to make a comeback, the spirited Argentines defended with their heart on the pitch, unable to face humiliation at their arch rival’s home ground.
Watch Stream Venezuela vs Argentina – more Links/Mobile
Venezuela vs Argentina Head to Head Record
Last 3 meetings:
- 22 Mar 2019 Argentina 1 – 3 Venezuela
- 6 Sep 2017 Argentina 1 – 1 Venezuela
- 7 Sep 2016 Venezuela 2 – 2 Argentina
- Matches played: 17
- Venezuela wins: 2
- Argentina wins: 13
- Draws: 2
Venezuela vs Argentina Prediction
By now, facing pressure must be the norm for the Argentine players. Every time they line up for a game, the players face intense scrutiny from world media as well as home fans.
They need this win, and the squad could thank their lucky stars, that they avoided facing tough customer Chile so early in the tournament, which group champions, Colombia, will be doing.
Venezuela will not be a walk in the park though. They have transformed themselves into a good defensive unit, and even the mighty Brazilians failed to score against them. Moreover, the former also has the confidence of the 3-1 win just months back against this same opponent.
Venezuela vs Argentina Head-to-head (h2h)
- 18 of the last 20 wins went to Argentina.
- The last four clashes had goals from both teams.
- These two teams locked horns in the previous edition of this competition, and at this same stage as well. Then the Albiceleste registered a massive 4-1 win.
- Only once has Argentina failed to score against this opponent.